The REAL Project has set these objectives and the project:
- Will work directly with adult educators to ensure that project development keep a central focus on their needs
- Has brought together an experienced group of researchers, practitioners and academics whose skills and knowledge of adult education practice, of experiential and informal learning in this field, of the training of adult educators, of national qualification frameworks, of credit and qualification systems and of learner progression and achievement are nationally and internationally recognised.
- Will draw on next practice in the area of RPL through an examination of current and recent research and practice in the field. In particular we will work directly with adult educators enabling them to evaluate previous and current RPL recording instruments to ensure that gaps in the process are addressed through the REAL Toolkit.
- Will promote and progress the understanding of the quality and value of the experiential learning of adult educators
- Will produce a toolkit that will enable this NQF levelling process
- Will disseminate this knowledge and instruments electronically across the European Union
- Will investigate the development of a credit exchange scheme with national qualification agencies and set out a procedure for this scheme to progress.